Often, those in the construction industry are reluctant to embrace technology that could modernize their business. Why is that? To begin with, adopting new technologies can seem complicated, taking people out of their comfort zone. Then, too, implementing a new set of tools and practices requires a great deal of work. In the long run, though, modernizing the way you run your business can help move your company ahead of your competitors, helping you to surpass industry standards. It’s worth the effort, and may even be easier and more intuitive than you think.
- Technology makes everyone’s job easier. At first, your team will require training, but ultimately, the software can streamline operations. Your employees may be resistant at first, but once you show them how the new tools can work for them, they’ll soon get onboard. Technology can streamline processes, improve communication, and even increase accountability, making for a business that runs more smoothly.
- Embracing new tools can reduce problems faced by construction businesses. The construction industry has more occupational hazards than most fields of employment, but new advances in technology can mitigate some of the issues facing your workers. For instance, more advanced versions of safety equipment can include technologies like GPS tracking, fatigue sensors, and even cooling systems. Another problem faced in construction is the tedium involved in planning. Business information modeling software can help with efficiency, prevent setbacks, and potentially increase earnings. Artificial intelligence can generate useful information, including blueprints and 3D maps, to make planning easier.
- A look at the top five construction management programs can give you an idea of what’s available.
- Corecon: This cloud-based construction software helps you to run projects, and is accessible via browser or mobile
- Co-Construct: Saves time and money by allowing builders to coordinate their projects, communicate with their clients and crew, and control all the financials.
- GenieBelt: This is online construction pm software that offers simple and affordable project management, using software and a mobile phone app
- Procure: A leading construction management software, Procore creates schedules, closes RFIs, tracks project emails, and archives documents and photos. You can use it to manage submittals, daily logs, and much more.
- Buildertrend: This is the number one software for home builders and with good reason. An all-in-one solution, it features everything you need from a construction
At Work-n-Wear, we want to help you use all the tools at your disposal so that your business can run smoothly and efficiently. We pride ourselves on our competitive pricing and extensive inventory. Family owned and operated, we have been equipping customers in Salem, Oregon for work for over 20 years. Stop by and check out our huge selection of workwear, or learn more about all we have to offer by calling 503.364.3064 or contacting us through the website.