If you work in an industry that involves hauling boxes or working around heavy machinery, steel toe boots may be a mandatory part of your workwear. If your first thought is to complain about this requirement, think again! Steel toe boots offer many great advantages. Here’s a look at just a few of them.
- Protection for your toes: This is the number-one reason to wear steel toe boots in the construction and manufacturing industries. If you drop something heavy, the steel reinforcement at the front of your boot makes it less likely for your toes to be crushed or cut. Even if someone runs over your toes with a car, your steel toe boots are probably enough to prevent injury.
- Self–defense: By themselves, steel toe boots have a rugged toughness to them that conveys the message, “Don’t mess with me!” If someone picks a fight with you while you’re wearing your steel toe boots, they will quickly realize they’re in over their head!
- Versatile design options: While style likely isn’t your top priority if you’re wearing steel toe boots, it’s nice to have the option of customizing your look. Designs range from athletic-type shoes to traditional lace-up leather boots.
- Durable: An investment in steel toe boots is one that should last you several years, even if you work around mud, water and chemicals.
- Comfortable: Slip-resistant soles, good arch support and sturdy laces are common characteristics that make steel toe boots nice to wear. To ensure maximum comfort, be sure to don the thick, heavy socks you would wear on the job while trying on boots. Even then, they should feel a little loose. This leaves room for your feet to swell slightly as you exert yourself during a strenuous workday.
If you work in an industry where foot protection is vital, invest in a good pair of steel toe boots today! Work-n-Wear has the selection you’re looking for from many of today’s top brands. We offer various safety toe boots, including steel, titanium, alloy and composite to ensure you find the perfect fit for the job. For questions about our selection of protective gear, please contact us online or call our Salem, Oregon store at (503) 364-3064.